[School Forum on Nov 18 and Nov 25]: an important update
During the two live School Forums that were held in Nov in Parow,
79 attendees from 42 schools attended.
During the last-in-2020 School Forum, held on Nov 25, Leslie Isaacs, Debtors' Bursar
and Debbie Timm, Finance Officer, did a live demo of the 11 items below at a click of a button:
1. It's that time of the year, and the School is doing Admissions/Enrollments of learners for the next year.
2. The Admin Staff member needs to capture Absenteeism for the day.
3. A parent has changed their email address and you need to update it.
4. A parent is phoning to ask for their school fees' outstanding balance.
5. School needs to inform all parents about the Covid-19 regulations and send the Letter from the Principal.
6. Your Admin Staff member needs to create an incident and inform parents on the Communicator.
7. You need to email certain parents a 72-hour notice letter as part of the debt collection.
You need to check who has read and who has not read the email, in order to follow up.
8. It's the end of the term and School needs to input the marks and print out/ email the progress report.
9. Your school has received payments from parents, you need to assign them
in the Bank Stream and see how it will reflect in the 043-Form report.
10. You need to submit the 043-report to the WCED from the Rise system.
11. SGB has approved the School's 2021 budget. It needs to be inputted into RSM.
These are the Schools that have recently joined RSM, an all-in-one school management system in a cloud:
1) Hugo Lambrechts Music Centre based in Parow.
2) The Star of the Sea Convent School based in St. James.
3) Immaculata RC High School based in Wynberg.
4) Malibu High School based in Blue Downs.
5) Gaia Waldorf School based in Pinelands.
Currently we are onboarding the above Schools.
Some Schools have unique requirements for Learner Data - we can fulfill such requirements;
as we are also developers.
Our Accountant assists with importing of School's accounts, balances
and liaises with Schools in terms of the system set up so that it works 100% for your School.
Below are some points on how RSM assists schools:
1) Saves min 15 hours per quarter with the automated 043-Form;
2) Enables to do work from home or anywhere, as the system is fully cloud based.
3) Enables Schools to access all data from one place.
4) Access Learner records in seconds; make notes for debt collection;
see outstanding balances at a click; use the CEMIS import tool for learner data import.
5) Get quality training and assistance with onboarding onto RSM.
6) Bursars and Finance Officers get upskilled in applied accounting.
7) Admin Staff are empowered and save time with the Admin Module and Rise Communicator.
8) Our Accountant answers Bursars' ongoing accounting queries applied to your School
and we do ongoing system support.
RSM currently includes all the modules below:
1. Accounting package for schools - a full functionality for creditors and debtors;
vetted and approved by Auditors;
2. 043-Form; Budget Plan vs Actual, financial reports, A/R aging.
3. Learner Data module.
4. Rise Communicator.
5. Live Billing on the Communicator.
6. Batch invoicing.
7. Discipline Module.
8. Enrollment simplified.
9. Bulk mailing.
10. Absenteeism, attendance report.
11. Marks module.
To hear more what other schools say about RSM, visit riseschoolmanagement.co.za